- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
If you installed the CrashPlan app "on top" of an existing installation of the CrashPlan app without first uninstalling the old version, you may be prompted to create a password to secure the backup archive. To correct this issue, you can uninstall and reinstall the CrashPlan app using the steps described below.
Windows, OS X, Linux, and Solaris computers where a version of the CrashPlan app was manually installed (not auto-upgraded) before uninstalling the existing version.
- To upgrade or reinstall the CrashPlan app, you must uninstall the existing CrashPlan app, then reinstall the new version of the CrashPlan app. The CrashPlan app is not designed to have the app installed “on top” of an existing installation.
- If you enter a password or archive question when prompted by this message, the information will not make changes to your account and will not upgrade your security settings. However, we strongly recommend following the solution below to ensure no further issues with your CrashPlan app installation.
If you are upgrading the CrashPlan app for use with Code42 for Enterprise, please see Upgrading CrashPlan Devices In Your Code42 Environment.
If you install the CrashPlan app on a computer with an existing installation of the app, the following message displays when the app is opened:
Step 1: Uninstall The CrashPlan App
These steps describe how to perform a standard uninstall, which leaves a small amount of information on your computer so CrashPlan can remember your computer when you reinstall.
|Operating System||Standard Uninstall|
You may be prompted that another user on the device is signed in. If another user is signed in, it may prevent the CrashPlan app from uninstalling completely. Code42 recommends coordinating with other users to ensure all users are signed out of the account before continuing.
If the uninstallation fails, follow Microsoft's instructions to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.
|Mac OS X|| |
Step 2: Reinstall The CrashPlan App
- Download the latest version of CrashPlan for your operating system:
- Once the download completes, unzip the installer.
- Run the CrashPlan Installer:
- Windows: Double-click the CrashPlan EXE file.
- OS X: Double-click the CrashPlan DMG file, then double-click Install CrashPlan.
- Linux: Run the install.sh shell script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, choose Existing Account on the sign in screen and enter your CrashPlan account information.
Additional installation information is available in the Installing CrashPlan article.