- CrashPlan for Home
CrashPlan is designed for convenience. That’s why you can access your CrashPlan account from any web browser – to update billing preferences, check the status of your backups, and even restore files!
To access your CrashPlan account:
- Go to the CrashPlan website
- Click Sign In
- Enter your CrashPlan email and password to sign in
Subscriptions And Billing
Your account's billing and subscription information is displayed immediately upon logging in. Here you can:
- Edit your billing information
- Opt to have your subscription renew automatically
- View the time remaining on your trial or subscription
- Subscribe to CrashPlan for Home (or extend an existing subscription)
The CrashPlan web app is also a great way to check on the status of your backup and restore files on the go. Click Computers to view info about all of your computers, including:
- Total number and size of files selected for backup
- Percentage of your backup file selection that is currently backed up
- Last time that CrashPlan started a backup
- Files you can restore
Additionally, you can use the CrashPlan web app to restore any files backed up to CrashPlan Central. This option is designed as a way to quickly restore files when you're away from your computer. You can restore 500 MB at a time. If you need to restore a larger amount of files, use the CrashPlan app instead.
- Click Computers
- Click Restore for the computer containing the files you want to restore
- Browse for and select the files you want to restore
- Click Restore
- Click the link to download a zip file containing your restored files
We're almost done here! CrashPlan should be operating quietly in the background to protect your digital life. But if something isn't quite working right, we've still got your back. Click Next below to learn basic troubleshooting tips for CrashPlan, and how to locate additional help resources.