- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PRO
This tutorial explains how to create an account, install the software, and begin backing up your computer with a CrashPlan PRO trial. The trial evaluation software is a complete version of the CrashPlan PRO environment, with full functionality for an unlimited number of CrashPlan PRO devices for 30 days.
Before You Begin
Make sure your client devices meet the CrashPlan PRO requirements.
Step 1: Start Your CrashPlan PRO Public Cloud Trial
- Go to https://www.crashplanpro.com.
- Click Free 30-Day Trial.
- Enter your contact information.
- Accept the CrashPlan PRO EULA.
- When prompted, sign in to the CrashPlan PRO administration console.
- Follow the checkout process to complete registration for your free 30-day trial of CrashPlan PRO.
At the end of your free 30-day trial, you are automatically billed for your CrashPlan PRO subscription using the billing information provided here.
Step 2: Download And Install The CrashPlan App
- Sign in to the administration console with your account information.
- From the welcome message, click Yes, Continue.
The App Downloads view displays.
- From the list of available downloads, select your operating system to download the appropriate CrashPlan app installer.
- Launch the CrashPlan app installer.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- OS X: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Detailed Installation Instructions
For more detailed installation instructions, see Installing CrashPlan.
Step 3: Sign In And Start Your Backup
- Enter your account's Email address and Password, then click Sign In.
- (Optional) Click Change to adjust the folders selected for backup.
CrashPlan PRO selects your user folder for initial backup by default. The user folder contains commonly-used folders for pictures, music, documents, downloads, and more.
- Click Start Backup.
Now that you've created your account and installed the CrashPlan app on your first device, review our Next Steps After Setting Up CrashPlan PRO article for information on planning and configuring your CrashPlan PRO environment.