- CrashPlan PRO
This article lists the system requirements and network ports for your CrashPlan PRO environment.
Administration Console Requirements
- Minimum resolution: 1024x768
- Web browser:
- Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 10 is supported only for Code42 servers version 5.1.x and earlier
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari 7 or 8 (on OS X)
Safari 6.1 is supported only for Code42 servers version 5.1.x and earlier
The administration console does not support mobile web browsers.
CrashPlan App Requirements
- These system requirements are the minimum requirements to install the CrashPlan app. We recommend using more powerful hardware for the best performance.
- If your backup is unusually large (more than 1 TB or 1 million files), you must configure the CrashPlan app to use more RAM than the minimum requirement.
- The CrashPlan app requires an internet connection for almost all activity, including signing in, backing up, restoring, and changing most settings.
The CrashPlan app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems.
1 This component is packaged with the CrashPlan app.
CrashPlan Mobile App
|Android||Android 2.2 and later|
|iOS||iOS 7.0 and later|
1 See end-of-support details.
The CrashPlan app requires the following ports to communicate with your backup destinations. Depending on the destinations you use, you may not require all ports:
|4242*||TCP||CrashPlan devices||(Default) Listening port between devices on the same account|
|4243*||TCP||localhost||(Default) Used by the CrashPlan app to connect to the CrashPlan service|
|443||TCP||Code42 cloud||(Required) Used by the CrashPlan app to connect to the Code42 cloud|
* Depending on your configuration, alternative ports may be used. To find the ports used on your device, identify the ports used by the CrashPlan app.